Saturday, August 22, 2026

Marriage or business deal?

 I liked that actress's movies from 2000 to 2010. She had a lot of fans. She was in love with her co-star for 8 years and married him. After marriage, she did not act for nearly 10 to 15 years. She was from the North State, and she became famous in South State and married a guy from the South.

Recently, for a few years, whenever she gave an interview, she always spoke bad about South. I was surprised; I did not understand her behaviour. Recently I saw an interview made by the couple.

The actress was saying, " When I was young, I got 3 times my husband's salary; now he is getting 30 times my salary. lol. I don't understand whether a husband and wife will measure their salaries against each other like this.

Salary in Cinema is decided by how the actors are accepted by the public. And she was saying, " My fans have become his fans in those days. The movies we paired was super hit and after marriage we did not get a chance to pair again"

Then I understood one thing. Mostly in Cinema industry, rumours make the actors famous. Both of them were in the limelight by creating an image that they had been in love for 8 years. They thought it boosted their career. They should have married, thinking their fan base would increase when they married. 



The actress should have thought that when she made a re-entry into cinema after 10 years of marriage, she would get the same acceptance. She did not get that and became bitter and started to blame south state cinema industry.

Most probably, their love was based on fan calculation. But in that calculation, they forgot their fans once they reach their mid age or 40s, they won't show the same enthusiasm towards movies when they were in their 20s.

But their marriage is intact, as both the actors think, their marriage is an investment in the cinema industry.  It will remain intact as it is a business deal.


No comments: