Saturday, September 5, 2026

Donation...

 A few days ago, I found some money when I went out to put Rangoli.  I hesitated to take it. Then took it as if it were covered with sand; nobody could find it, and it would be wasted. The person who lost or dropped when going to the shop won't know where they lost it.

Task assigned - I got a task

I have to decide what to do with the money. I checked the currency and made sure it was good currency. I put it in my purse and took it with me when I went out

Heart knows 

If I see anybody who is in need of money and if my heart says to give it to them, I will give it to them. I decided that and I did not found anybody.

Wait for the instructions

Sometimes life gives surprising tasks. There will be a lesson with it. I need to wait patiently, and I waited.



At that time I know, it is tough to find a right person to give the money.

Kumbabishekam (also known as Samprokshanam) 

And I saw the information about Kumbabishekam in the temple that I go to daily on my morning walk. Most of the donations will be given on Kumbabishekam day. And I donated the money I found that day to the temple.

A messenger

I am just a messenger in this donation. When donating, I need to give some information about myself. And the person who was collecting donation asked me, when will I come to collect the prasadham. And he noted the time. He also said the female monk in the temple will keep it separately and she will give it to me. Most people should have collected theirs in the afternoon itself.



I went in the evening. My prashadam was packed. And the monk was waiting for me. She gave me a warm welcome and gave the Prasadham.

Task completed

I said to Lord Muruga, you should have come in my dream and asked for donation; I would have given you. Why this much drama? Then I understood; it is to make me to donate with the mindset of a messenger.

You are my fan

As I am not ready to become a devotee of any God, after seeing a few sincere efforts by Lord Muruga, I accepted him as my fan. lol. And I respect my fans. Devotees expect something from God, and I like smiling at him. Expectations will take away the smile.

Lesson

It takes effort to earn money, but it takes too much effort to find the right person or cause to donate it. And I thought it is better to start giving donations as a habit now itself. One can not do it when they die if it is not a habit.

A habit

This month I donated to the temple with the mindset of a messenger, not as a person who earned that money. I am going to make it a habit.

A small incident can change life, and I started a new habit from that task.

Difference

Before midlife, when I help or donated, I thought I was helping. Now I think I am finding the right cause to donate to or help, and it is helping me. I am doing it for myself.




No comments: