Sunday, September 27, 2026

You are my temple friend...

 Saying this to a person needs a few months and a consistent smile. 

The married lady whom I met at the temple usually talks a lot when there is an opportunity. The reason is simple. Sharing their problems with a stranger is easy, as they can not manipulate that information.

That day, she was saying to me that she was having so many things to handle in life. Her daughter's wedding is in April. She has to book wedding halls and book hotels for the relatives to stay. Her relatives are tough to handle. etc etc.... These are usual things to complain.

Then she said, "My sister-in-law said my dress should be less beautiful than the bride's dress. My sister-in-law is a good lady, but this comment hurt me".

And she added, " You don't have such problems."

At that time, I saw the old lady coming towards us. She was listening, and I sensed the old lady's anger and rage when she heard the sentence, "You don't have such problems"

Being a Unicorn, she has faced/facing so many problems in life.



I replied, Everybody has challenges in life. The old lady advised, "Don't say too many negative things when there is a wedding at your home. Do it happily".  Emotional control by the old lady was amazing. 

Next time, when I met the married lady, she said my husband and I fight a lot and seeing our life, my daughter doesn't want to get married. It took a lot of effort to make my daughter agree to this marriage.

I don't share my details, but I know a lot of details about the people with whom I interact. 

Yesterday, she asked my name, and we introduced ourselves, and she said You are my temple friend.

It is a strange thing. After knowing a lot of personal things about her, we introduced ourselves.

I accept her as an acquaintance. 

But a friend? Hmm, it is tough to become friends until it is proven.



No comments: